Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for your cooperation this week with Phase 2 of our arrival and dismissal procedures. As you know, safety and security is of the utmost importance at Biscayne Elementary Community School. Therefore, the week of September 2, 2013, we will begin implementation of our Phase 3 security measures. Beginning on Tuesday September 3, 2013, please adhere to the following:
Arrival: (NO STUDENT SUPERVISION PRIOR TO 7:40 AM)
- Car Drop Off will be on the 75th Street Driveway Only
- Bus Drop Off will be on the 77th Street Driveway .No pedestrians, bicycles or cars will be allowed to enter on 77th Street.
- Parking will continue to be in the 75th Street Visitor Parking
- Students Kg through 5th Grade will enter on the 75th Street side, through the gate adjacent to the media center.
- The 75th street media Center entrance will be the only entrance open for arrival.
- PreKg, Head Start and students in ASD classes must enter through the gate, with their parent, and accompany their student to the classroom door.
Parents and guardians of Kg through 5th Grade students will not be allowed to enter the campus until students are in the classroom. If you have other business on campus, we are open at the following times:
- To purchase uniform logos Room 13 – 9:00 a.m.
- To pay for the cafeteria – 8:40 am
- Office business – 8:40 a.m.
Dismissal:(NO SUPERVISION AFTER STUDENT DISMISSAL)
- PreKG, Head Start and ASD students are to be picked up directly from the classroom.
- Kindergarten, 1st Grade, and 2nd Grade parents are to proceed to the gate by the PE shed where students will be dismissed.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade students will be dismissed from the 75th Street Driveway.
- Bus Pick up will be on the 77th Street Driveway .No pedestrians, bicycles or cars will be allowed to enter on 77th Street.
Parents of PreK, Head Start and ASD classrooms will receive an identification card. Please bring the identification card when dropping off or picking up your child so that you are allowed to enter the campus. Parents, please be aware that all rules are implemented in order to better assure the safety of ALL students. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Maria P. Costa, Principal
For additional information please contact us by calling (305) 868-7727